Last updated: October 24, 2019
“Cookies” Explained and Why They are Used
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your computer or device in order to remember information about you, such as your language and/or currency preference or login information. Raine may use similar techniques, such as pixels, web beacons etc., which we will refer to collectively as “cookies”.
Cookies may be used for many different purposes. For example, cookies can be used to show that you have previously visited the Raine Website and to identify which parts of the Raine Website you might be most interested in. Cookies can also improve your online experience by storing your preferences during your visit to the Raine Website.
Flash cookies may also be used on the Raine Website. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting Adobe’s Website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
Types of Cookies Used by Raine
Raine places its own (direct cookies) and we also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting.
- Assisting you in navigation of the Raine Website and Raine App.
- Analyzing your use of the Services.
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioral advertising).
- Filling out contact, support and feedback forms.
- Sharing content on the Raine Website and Raine App through social media.
Below is an explanation of the types of cookies that may be used on or through the Services and why we use them. We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
- Content Sharing Cookies
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to setting cookies (except for strictly necessary cookies). In order to manage your cookie preferences, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of Raine Website and/or Raine App will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES - PROPER FUNCTIONS OF Raine WEBSITE AND Raine APP
These cookies are necessary for Raine Website and Raine App to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Raine Website may not work.
Raine uses these cookies to:
- Remember products that you add to your shopping cart.
- Remember information that you fill in when paying or ordering to streamline the process for additional orders placed by you.
- Pass information from one page to the next, for example when filling out support forms or surveys.
- Store your preferences such as language, location, and currency.
- Store settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your computer or devices resolution details.
- Read your browser and device settings to optimize the display of the Raine Website.
- Locate and identify misuse of the Services.
- Load the Raine Website uniformly to maintain accessibility.
- Offer options to store your log-in details to streamline your access to the Services.
- Provide the ability to “like” or “favorite” content on the Raine Website.
PERFORMANCE COOKIES - RAINE WEBSITE AND RAINE APP USAGE ANALYTICS
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of the Services. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
Raine uses these cookies to:
- Keep track of the number of visitors to the pages within the Raine Website.
- Keep track of the length of time that each visitor spends on the pages within the Raine Website.
- Determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages within the Raine Website.
- Determine the website a visitor was at before navigating to the Raine Website and the website a visitor is going to immediately after leaving the Raine Website.
- Assess which parts of the Raine Website need improvement.
- Optimize the Raine Website.
TARGETING COOKIES - ADVERTISEMENTS
These cookies are set through the Raine Website by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you ads for Raine or other relevant ads on other sites and applications that you visit. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
Raine uses these cookies to:
- Keep track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same ones.
- Keep track of how many visitors click on the advertisement.
- Keep track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement.
Please note that even if such cookies are not used you may still be shown advertisements that do not utilize cookies.
CONTENT SHARING COOKIES - SHARING RAINE WEBSITE CONTENT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
Certain content on the Raine Website (e.g. articles, pictures and videos) can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from those third party social media services are used to enable these buttons to function so you can effectively share content through your social media account.
Raine uses these cookies to enable you to share and like certain content directly on the Raine Website through your social media accounts.
These third party social media services may also collect your personal information and data for their own purposes. Raine has no control over how these third party social media services make use of your personal information and data. We encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies for such third party social media services to understand how your personal information may be used by them. Please refer to the privacy policies linked below of the third party social media services currently available through the Raine Website:
© 2019 Enova Design Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.